Friday 25 January 2013

eating cherries

I forgot how wonderful cherries can be.

In fact, the bowl I had today lasted about two minutes.  I loved them, so juicy and lovely, and they are now a regular on my shopping list.  I also found out that they are pretty good for you. They're a great source of antioxidants,  are rich in two kinds of flavoniods, which slow down the aging process (which is always a good thing in my book) and they help you sleep.  Which for me, is important right now.  It's three months until I welcome my little baby into this world and I know that I'm going to need all the sleep and rest I can get before then.  So cherries have become my new favorite snack.

I wrote a big scene in my young adult book today and the cherries helped me along.  I would normally have sweets or a bag of crisps by the side of me as I write, but today cherries did the trick. So yes, I'm converted.  Before this week was out I found and loved cherries.

No comments:

Post a Comment